Monday, September 6, 2010

Last Bday as a kid...

Last Birthday as  Kid...



This is the last time I can remember having a cool bday as a kid. We were at The Ponderosa Steakhouse, the coolest place at the time in our hood. Totally themed, all the time, with cowboys and cowgirls as waiters, plastic guns on holsters the whole shebang. Very cool place as a kid to have a bday party. Every friend I had was there & having a blast - I had many.

I don't have many photos of my bday party's, but of the ones I do have up till this age, there are always three consistent people in the photos. Tina, present and accounted for, right from the age of two. "Tiff" from the age of four, and finally my bro, who was born when I was 6. "Tiff" lives in Nova Scotia, and I have not seen her in about 6 years. Tina I have not seen since the early 90's, and of course my Bro who I've not seen in about three months.

The dress I'm wearing is from my one and only stint as a flower girl at my aunt's one and only wedding. I refused to take it off, I LOVED that dress! I also LOVE the expression on my bro's face - he had a blast at that party! I have another photo of him, at an earlier party where he's sitting behind me pouting furiously because he was just at the age where he suddenly "got" what a bday party was and suddenly realized that he's NEVER had one - he had, he just was not old enough to remember it!! Hilarious!! Its amazing that he's even made it into this photo - he spent the whole time ripp'in around the huge restaurant at top speed, as you can see from the red flushed face!!! To this day he's an adrenaline junkie who to this day can still not sit still!!

The girl sitting to my left - I can not remember her first name for the life of me, but thanks to her dad, she showed me my first Playboy magazine. I was hooked on photography from that day forward. Thanks Mr. Morgenstern!!!!

Thanks to "Tiff"'s dad, I acquired the reputation as having the biggest coolest partys in the Chateauguay Valley when I was in high school. Her dad, who had just moved out of the valley, had the running title and lived on the same farm before we moved in. Our parents would collectively throw these huge corn roast parties with hundreds of people for many years running. I inherited the reputation, and to this day I still get feedback from friends from back in the day on how cool it was!

Oh, what I would give to have another!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment